Today we are going to learn how to make a karate belt display rack. Sadly I made a karate belt display rack for my friends a few weeks back but I didn’t take any photos, anyways I will try to explain it the best way I can. I’ll find a good video and put it at the end of the article till I take the pictures.
Materials Needed To Make A Karate Belt Display Rack
- You need two pieces of wood approximately, 25 inches long as the outer layer or frame of the karate belt display rack if you will.
- Depending on how you want to place your karate belt will be the demensinson for the width of the karate belt display rack. You will need 2 pieces in order to connect the frame.
- Than you will need about 10 more pieces, depending on what karate belt level system you follow. The length of these is also determined by the size of your belt.
- A good strong glue and a piece of strong string.
As for materials that’s pretty much it. At least for a basic karate belt display rack. So lets get to how you actually make one of these amazing things.
How To Make A Karate Belt Display Rack Step By Step
- Most likely you will not find the exact size of the wooden pieces you need. Therefore just buy a big one than cut it in the pieces you’d like.
- We’re going to start by making up the frame first.
- With glue attach the two big wooden pieces that make the length of the frame, and the two wooden pieces that make the width of the frame.
- Go do something else till it dries up, and becomes strong and sturdy.
- Place all the other wooden pieces on the frame to make sure that they look right before starting the glueing process.
- Glue all the wooden pieces and again let them dry.
- Between the gap of the last karate belt piece and the frame, attach the wooden string so that you could hang it wherever you’d like.
Concluding How To Make A Karate Belt Display Rack
Well that’s pretty much it, quite easy and inexpensive actually. Sorry I don’t have the pictures to show you how it turned out. Though if you want to follow something with more imagery I’d recommend you this video:
It’s a bit more fancy, but you can get the idea.
If you guys made any karate belt display racks, make sure to leave a picture of it down below, I’d love to see what you guys can do.